Friday, January 4, 2013

THE HOTEL (3)

    Edie's mother had a gentleman friend who had a vacation home in New Jersey and he made a suggestion that Edie and Susan could live there if they wanted. He said it wasn't much, but he wouldn't charge anything and he only used it once in a while. Edie jumped at it. At least they could get out of the hotel. Susan needed to get into school and Edie needed to find some kind of work to make some money. I could crochet designs on handkerchiefs and have Susan sell them for me like we did with the dinner if I find another one. That would be good but I think I'm going to have to make more money than that. Do alterations if I had a sewing machine. How can I get a sewing machine? I'll ask my mother if she's still sewing. Edie's mind was just buzzing and then a knock at the door stopped that. It was Edie's mother.
    "Are you ready to go?" Edie's mother asked.
    "Am I? With bells on. Let's get out of here. I feel like a bird escaping from a cage."
    This was another one of those "If she only knew what was around the other corner she might want to stay in the cage."

No comments:

Post a Comment