Friday, December 7, 2012

ESCAPE FROM THE MOUNTAINS (24)

   A large barrow of a guy came out of the shop following Mrs. Johnson.
   Mrs. Johnson introduced him to Edie and everyone as Harry Wilson. He lived in the cottage behind the shop.
    "Harry, is that wheelchair I outgrew," and Mrs. Johnson laughed, "still in the shed?"
   "Betty, darling, you just have more to hug," Harry chimed in laughing.
   "Let's get Edie in first, then check out the chair, okay? It's cold out here. Everyone want coffee?" Bett smiled at Edie. "I know you do. And Edie, stop calling me Mrs. Johnson."
    "Well, I'm trying to be polite. Now Susan you don't call her Betty. You call her Mrs. Johnson."
    "I know because she's older than me."
    "Your shop is darling, Betty. Don't touch anything, Susan. I need to ask you something, Betty. It's very important. Can we talk somewhere private?"
    "Sure, let's go in my bedroom. Susan, go over to the dolls that are on that table. See them? Pick out one you like and you can have it."

No comments:

Post a Comment