Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ESCAPE FROM THE MOUNTAINS (26)

   "Well, how much is the bill?" Betty asked.
   "It's $230.50," Edie answered.
   "Oh my goodness. Well, I have to see how much I have. Do you think your father will give you the money?"
   "I have to ask him first for it. But he will. I'll call him now if I may use your phone."
   Betty entertained Alice and Melvin while Edie was making her call. 
   After about a half hour Edie returned  to the living room where everyone was eating and talking and having a good time. When Edie entered the room, it went so quiet. "Well?" Betty blurted out.
   "Yes, he will be here in about an hour. I'm so sorry to hold you up like this, Melvin and Alice."
   "I can give them the money if they will take a check and then your father can pay me. How about that? Then they can get on their way."
   Melvin and Alice agreed and after thanks and hugs everyone said goodbye and Melvin and Alice were on their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment