Monday, December 10, 2012

ESCAPE FROM THE MOUNTAINS (25)

"Oh, thank you, Mrs Johnson very much!" Susan said as she hugged her and ran over to the dolls.

'Which one? They were all beautiful!" Susan thought as she looked at the dresses and their faces.  She picked one that looked like one she had before the fire.

Edie gulped.

"That doll looks like the one she had that got lost in the fire."

"Do you like that doll?"

Susan held the doll so tight like not to be taken away from her again.  She cried, she was so happy.  It's been a long time since she held such a beautiful doll.  Grandma made a rag-doll for Christmas one year and it was nice but not like the store bought dolls which Santa and Mommy and Daddy gave her.

Seeing Susan so happy and crying made Edie and Betty cry, too.

"Well, go play with her." Betty said. "Your mom and I want to talk."

"Thank you again, Mrs. Johnson." Susan said as she hugged her.  She was like hugging a big teddy bear.  Mommy was skinny.

"What do you want to talk to me about?"

"I need to pay the cab bill, and I'm broke.  May I borrow the money until I can get it from my father?"

No comments:

Post a Comment