Monday, November 19, 2012

ESCAPE FROM THE MOUNTAINS (13)

   He told her that he had been married before and didn't like it and swore he would never do it again. Well, she would live with him but as sister and brother in case someone came along that wanted to marry her. Well, no one ever did in forty-five years. I guess no one was as good as her "brother." You could see that Mable was a pretty woman in her younger years. Edie thought to herself, I don't think people believe your story, Mable, about you and Harry being sister and brother. After forty-five years, you still look at him like a school girl.
   "Oh, someone is knocking at the door. Mus' be the cab."
   "Hi, I don't think I better drive the cab down that hill with it being steep and the mud. I'll never get up the hill. You're gonna have to meet me up at the hill." And then he walked away so fast Mable couldn't catch him to tell him about Edie. 
    "Well, I guess we'll have to do it ourselves. Edie, come on. The cab man left. We have to walk you up the hill. He said the cab wouldn't make it up the hill. We'll talk while we walk."

No comments:

Post a Comment