Wednesday, November 21, 2012

ESCAPE FROM THE MOUNTAINS (15)


"Susan, how 'bout you carrin' that bag that's on your mama's lap? And Edie, do ya' have to take that table with ya?"

"Oh, this is not a table, this is a sewing machine!  I need to make a living where ever I live."

"Ya' sew? How ya' do that?"

"I put the foot pedal up on the lid (when it's open to sew) and use my left hand to push the pedal down like I was using my foot."

"Ya' sure are smart and ya' sew?"

"I made Susan's dress she's wearing."

"And ya' gonna' make a livin' sewin'?"

"I hope so." Edie replied. "No, I have to or starve."

"We won't starve, Mommy. We'll have a garden." Susan said.

"Out of the mouths of babes." Edie said as she hugged Susan. "Yes, we will have a garden and we will grow flowers to sell and vegetables to eat.  How do you like that?"

"Can I have a kitten? All my own? I'll take good care of it."

(How subjects change quickly with children.)



No comments:

Post a Comment