Friday, November 30, 2012

ESCAPE FROM THE MOUNTAINS (19)

   Alice didn't look at all like she belonged in a small country town. She was dressed like a model, which she was until she married Melvin. She said she married him for his looks, which he was handsome. 
   "Now what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Melvin asked Edie.
   Edie just blurted out, "I need to go to Philly."
   "That's a long way from here. It's about two hundred miles. It would be a lot cheaper to go by train. Why cab?"
   Edie spoke up, "I know but I don't have my chair and I don't have any money."
   That made Melvin stand up. No money. How is she going to pay the $30.50 and she wants to go to Philly? If she was a guy, I would knock her out cold. "How are you going to pay your cab bill?"
   "I have a friend in Philly that will take care of it."
   "You want to go to Philly, Alice?"
   "I would love to and go shopping and see the bright lights."

No comments:

Post a Comment